Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Challenge

The challenge on my yahoo group this week is to make a card using 3 different dies and an embossing folder. This is the card I made for the challenge.

The three dies I used are Spellbinders long rectangles, circles and Fleur de Lis square. The embossing folder is Victoria by Cuttlebug. The flower was stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder then colored with pencil. I edged all the panels with a gold gel pen.

Monday, February 18, 2013


I had forgotten that I had bought this stamp which is a part of the set A Little Bit Sketchy by Sheena Douglass. I stamped it a few times to experiment with different coloring mediums. This was colored with Bic Mark-It alcohol markers that I bought at Walmart on a whim.

After I had colored it I liked the way it turned out so I decided to make it into a card. As it was stamped randomly it took some working out to make it work for a card but I quite like the way it turned out. After I punched the corners and the side I was left with a space. I hadn't used my punches in so long that I had forgotten that the paper had to be a certain size! To cover this up I used a craft knife to cut around the top of the poppy and the side of the stem so that the sentiment banner would hide my mistake.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Have A Special Day

This is another shaped card that I tried. I must say that it was a lot of trouble to do and I will not be making another one using these dies! The die I used for the end panels was this one from Heartfelt Creations. The center panel is a Spellbinder die from the Ironworks Motifs set.

I am sorry that it didn't photograph very well but this was the best picture I could get from the many I took.

Monday, February 11, 2013

A Challenge

The challenge this week on my Yahoo group Card Camp is to use the African Violet digi pic provided on a round panel. This is the card I made for the challenge.

I cut a fancy circle with a Marianne Designs die and glued it to the front of the card and then cut a window with a circle die. With the same size die I cut a circle of purple cardstock and glued it to the inside of the card behind the window. I printed the digi pic 3 times and cut one out with a circle die smaller than the window and colored just around the outside of the pic where it would show from the side.  The second image I colored completely and I colored just 3 flowers on the third print. These were fussy cut and attached to the first image with dimensional tape.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Shaped card

While browsing I came across a Pinterest site and from there found myself HERE. The result is this card.

The card closed

The card open

I had fun working it out. I sponged around all the edges but the camera faded it out. I shall try this again with different shapes.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Color it your way

I love to color so when I found this great coloring book I had to have it! This is the first picture I colored. I used Prismacolor pencils and OMS.

Enjoy the Super Bowl if that is your thing!