Monday, August 29, 2011

Precious Memories

I recently purchased the Spellbinders Rose Creations dies. This is the first rose I made with the dies. I only made one and didn't add any color as I was experimenting with watercolor paper to make the rose but I liked the way it turned out well enough to use it on a card.


I used kraft cardstock for the card base. The aperture was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels 18. For the sentiment I used a smaller die from the same set. After stamping with Versamark ink and embossing with white embossing powder cut out the sentiment then used the same die as a stencil, tracing around the outside of the die and cutting it out with scissors. The other die is from Marinanne Designs and the butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch. There are tiny holeless pearls on the butterfly bodies but they are hard to see!

3 comments:

Beccy said...

That flower is stunning Jennie, absolutely gorgeous! I love the sharp contrast between the earthy kraft card and the pure white paper... it looks wonderful. Great sentiment too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Gloria said...

Wow it has been awhile since I have been out. Our latest additions are just out of this world.
Sure wish I had your talent.
Hugs
Gloria

Petra said...

Hi Jennie,
Just a beautiful card.
Love, Petra.