Thursday, October 21, 2010

Joy

It is about time I updated my blog! My daughter has been here visiting from CA and took over my craft room. The room serves as both a craft room, computer room and a guest room so my access was limited. While she was here we did do some craft shopping and I bought more than I normally would have as she is very good at spending my money for me! I did manage to make this card yesterday.

The card was more of an experiment really. When reading a discussion about silver and gold on Susan's
 blog I was reminded about metallic pens that I had.
To get the gold line I positioned a square Nestie over the stamped image and used a metallic gold gel pen to trace around the inside of the Nestie. I then put it through the Cuttlebug to cut and emboss the panel. Colored pencils were used to color the image.

STAMPS: 'A gift for you' clear set from Flourishes.  INK. Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark.  EMBOSSING POWDER:.Ranger Superfine Detail Gold.  GEL PEN Gelly Roll Metallic Gold.  NESTABILITIES  square.  EMBOSSING FOLDER: Cuttlebug.   PRISMACOLOR  pencils.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...

Phyllis said...

Very pretty card Jennie.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done...

Your Favorite Child said...

Don't blame me, I didn't tell you to buy any of that stuff!

Diann said...

I love this card, Jennie! It has a beautiful simple look that just draws you to it! Diann