Sunday, July 18, 2010

An experiment with vellum

While cleaning up my messy desk I found a small piece of vellum. This is Pergamano vellum which is thicker than the vellum you find at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. It has been a long time since I used vellum on a card so I thought I would experiment and see what I could do with it using an embossing stencil. This is the result.
What I found was that although it is pretty easy to emboss the vellum it is not so easy to cut it. As you can see if you look closely the cutting isn't very straight. To cut  through the vellum requires a lot more pressure than cutting cardstock. Also, embossing vellum stretches it and leave it wrinkled as you can see on the top left corner. I used vellum adhesive to attach the vellum panel but I only used a small piece in each corner and on each side. I should have run it all the way around the sides I guess. Well this was an experiment and I will know next time! The flowers are from a 3d sheet from my stash. The stencil I used is Anja Style corner stencil FE 6105. It is a great value as it has 4 different corners on one stencil. You can find it HERE

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Very pretty

jUDIE said...

Jennie, it is a very pretty card. i LIKE IT A LOT.

Phyllis said...

Beautiful vellum stencil card Jennie. Love the colors.

JD said...

Lovely Jennie, thank you for sharing which stencil you used...

Rita said...

Oh Jennie..I Love this card...the flowers are so pretty and the colors are one of my favorites. Very very pretty card.