Friday, March 12, 2010

Dotty about Hibiscus

Where has the week gone! The weather here in San Antonio has been glorious, spring is in the air, but that also means that the oak trees in my yard are loosing their leaves and making a big mess! This particular kind of oak loose some of their old leaves while the new ones are budding so they are never naked. The high wind we have had has helped the leaves to drop and make a big mess on my driveway and patio. Yesterday I picked up eight 33 gallon bags of leaves and there are still more to be picked up but they are dropping nearly as fast as I can get them picked up!

My crafting time this week has been spent trying different ways of coloring. Some worked and some didn't but in the next few days I will be posting the cards I have made with the colored images that I was happy with.



My love affair with black and white continues! For this card I colored the Hibiscus with pencils and OMS and then used a stencil to make a frame around it.



Another Hibiscus and polka dots but this time I used a Mattie's Luxe Labels stencil, embossed and cut out to make a frame then I cut out the hibiscus and attached it to the frame. I used the stencil to trace around on the black dotted paper, cut it out and attached the frame with dimensional tape.

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

Wow Jennie! That's a lot of leaves!!!!!

Your cards are beautiful! I'm reminded of Mary Engelbreit's work with the black and white and then bright colors!