Saturday, February 27, 2010

Roses

Sorry that I have been missing but I have been coloring! I was reminded by my daughter, who lives in another State and keeps tabs on her mother through the blog, that after I said that I was going back to coloring I didn't and that she was disappointed. Well I can't have that soooo............



It might not look like I have done much coloring but each of these cards are one of a set of six. The sentiment on each card in the set is different and the roses on each one is a different color. The rose is a digi image from Fred She Said, colored with pencils and OMS and cut out. I am making sets of cards that will be donated to be sold in the gift shop of the Miniature Museum of Greater St. Louis. This is a great museum operated by volunteers strictly on funds from the two miniatures shows a year that they put on and sales from the gift shop.

I will be teaching a class, miniatures not cards, at the show in April and I will be taking the card sets with me so I want to have lots of cards ready by then so I have lots of coloring ahead of me!

This is the project that I will be teaching. it is about 5 inches tall and will be put in a glass dome.

6 comments:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and I just love seeing the white ones, so dramatic and eye catching. I'm sure they will be a big hit at the gift shop, what a nice thing to do. Love your new images and as always your coloring is just beautiful.

Danni said...

Such beautiful cards! Love your coloring on the roses...so delicate!
And wow, that miniature is amazing!

Gloria said...

Wow Beautiful as always Jennie.....I love Fred see said stuff.....

Phyllis said...

Beautiful cards Jennie. Your coloring is amazing.

Kay said...

Jennie your cards alway are beautiful! You always give them a little twist.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty as always. Love your miniature also.