Saturday, November 28, 2009
I am continuing to make holiday cards. For this card I used a Marianne Designs 'Emily' stencil which I embossed using a stylus and lightbox and cut out using a swivel knife and backed with green paper. The stamp is an old one by Stamping Up that I colored using Prismacolor pencils and OMS (odorless mineral spirits) I stamped a second image and colored and cut out the center flower and attached it with dimensional tape.
Monday, November 23, 2009
I have been busy preparing a class Mary persuaded me to teach at the miniatures show in St. Louis in April. It might sound like April is a long way off but the prototype has to be in by the middle of December!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
For the first card I was trying for a country color scheme. I stamped the deer with brown ink on cream cardstock and colored him with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and then cut him out leaving a small border. I used Diamond Glaze on his nose to give it shine. He is mounted with dimensional tape.
For the second card I went for a more non-traditional color scheme by using pink with the traditional red and green. I stamped the deer with Memento London Fog ink and colored him with pencils. After I colored him the stitching didn't show up too well so I used a .005 Micron pen and went over the stitching.I stamped the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder
Friday, November 20, 2009
This is the project in the handmade stained glass case. It doesn't show up in the picture but the base and the knob on top of the case are purple glass. The base of the project is 4-1/2" square and from the base to the top of the statue is 5-1/2"
This is the front of the project. We chipped and painted bricks to age them and then laid a patio. I chose to lay my patio bricks in a herringbone pattern and then built the pedestal for the statue. We painted and aged the statue and added snow.
This is a closeup of the aging on the statue and bricks. When I got home I added the little bunny and the bird feeder and cardinal
Thursday, November 19, 2009
These are the first two cards Mary made. Didn't she do a wonderful job?!
I have a couple of things to add to the project I made at the retreat and them I will post a picture
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I like this layout as it is simple and uses those small stamps that are sometimes hard to find a use for and you can use those up those small scraps! It is also quite easy to make multiples and use different stamps and scraps for a different look. The snowman stamp is from Hampton Art and the greeting is from a clear stamp set of mixed greetings that I bought at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's....I don't remember which. The stamp is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS.
Friday, November 6, 2009
This is the first card that I have made that fits in a business sized envelope! The snowman image is from a clear set from Michael's colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. The sentiments are from a bulk buy of un-mounted stamps from My Sentiments Exactly the outside sentiment say's 'What is it about snowmen that make to say'..... and inside the card it says ' ...awe'
The cuttlebug folders I used are Snowflake and Snowdots.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
For all those who leave such sweet comments this is for you!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
For this version I used papers from a Basic Grey Wassail 6" x 6"pack. I stamped the image with Memento London Fog and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I used Old Paper Distress Ink around the edges of the panels and the greeting is a clear stamp from a set from Flourishes.
For this version I used brown Stazon ink to stamp the image on vellum. I used pencils again and colored the chair and seat cushion on the back. I used a dark green pencil to color the wreath on the back and then using a lighter green I added some more needles on the front to give the wreath more depth. The bow was also colored on the front. I used a Nestablities curved rectangles die to cut and emboss an aperture from a red panel. The vellum was then adhered to the back. I used a piece of striped paper from a Basic Grey Figgy 6" x 6"pad and adhered it to a gray card base then used mounting tape to adhere the red panel to the base. The greeting is a silver peel off sticker.
Monday, November 2, 2009
This is the card I made for the weekly challenge on the Crafty Card Creators Yahoo group. The challenge was to make a gate fold card. I used polka dot paper. The flowers are from an old Stampin Up set colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. The sentiment on the inside says 'May all your weeds be wildflowers' from Rubber Stampede.