Thursday, October 8, 2009

Magnificent Fall Colors


Doing something in fall colors doesn't come easy to me as oranges and browns are my least favorite colors. When I joined this swap in a 3d group I belong to I had to find a 3d sheet that was fall-like but not too orangy. This sheet is from Nikki and I loved the leaves hanging with clothespins.

Although it doesn't show well in the picture I stamped the green layer with a leaf stamp and Old Paper Distress ink and inked the edges with brown chalk ink. Before cutting out the images I used the same distress ink and a texture cube from Stampendous to stamp the images, the white layer and the card base and I also inked the edges with the brown chalk ink. I hope the recipient likes it!

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Great card, and I'm with you, the colors of fall aren't my favorite either, but you really did a nice job with those colors. I must look for that image, really like it.

Anonymous said...

I love this one too...I agree fall colors aren't my favorite either..but they look great on this card.

paige said...

Fall cards are my absolute favorite and I love yours! the little clothespins holding the leaves is an awesome way to show them off!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Fabulous cards for fall.. expecially love the leaves on the clothesline!