Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Christmas Rose x 2


The frame on the white layer is dry embossed using a part of the same stencil as I used on THIS card. I then use the light box to trace the image lightly in pencil. It is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and outlined with a gold gel pen. I traced one flower again, colored and outlined it and cut it out and attached it with a pop dot. I used the gold gel pen to highlight some of the embossing.


For the second card I used the same image but larger. I traced the image using a mapping pen and white acrylic ink onto cardstock weight vellum. The leaves are colored on the back side and the berries on the front side. The berries were then embossed using a ball stylus on the back. The flowers were done with a stylus (When you rub something hard on vellum it turns white) I colored the centers of the flowers with yellow and then pricked the center from the back side.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous..I love it...like I keep saying..you do such awesome work with your cards...

Anonymous said...

Love them both...

Gloria said...

Awesome awesome awesome....I love both of them

Diann said...

These are so beautiful! Diann

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty cards!