Friday, April 10, 2009

Unmounted stamp storage and a masculine card




This is how I store my un-mounted rubber stamps. I found an old photo album, you know the kind, where you peeled back a clear sheet and put the picture underneath? I don't know if they still make them or not. As you can see the album pages are pretty yellowed from age! Anyway I stamped the images on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock and put the stamps on the opposite side. I used Aleene's Tack it Over and Over. Well after I bought 100+ unmounted stamps from Hampton Arts Stamps, a great deal for $15 on Ebay, the photo album didn't hold them. I wanted a large enough binder to hold a lot of stamps so I went looking for a 4" binder. I found that the price started at $14 and went up from there at the major office supply stores . Well being the cheapskate that I am I did a search and found them for $7.13 here. Much more in my price range! I ordered 3 because shipping for three was the same as shipping for one so I am all set for a long time to come. When I run out of photo album pages, or when I get tired of looking at the discolored pages I will replace them but they work for now.





I had some strips of the striped paper, Granola, from Basic Grey, left over from another card. The stamp is one of the unmounted stamps I bought from Hampton Arts stamped on another piece from the Granola pad with Timber Brown Staz On. The sentiment is from Stampin Up. I distressed the edges and sponged them.

No comments: